BARRINGTON, December 22, 2015 – Today Dan McConchie, candidate for State Senate in the 26th District, joined sixteen other state legislative candidates in backing Democrat State Representative LaShawn Ford’s proposal to allow Chicago voters to recall Mayor Rahm Emanuel.
“When a public official violates the public trust, voters should have a method to recall that official and replace him or her with someone of integrity,” stated Dan McConchie. “If elected, I would strongly support passage of this proposal.”
Rep. Ford’s proposal comes in response to the delayed release of video showing a Chicago police office shooting an unarmed teenager 16 times.
Other candidates who back Ford’s proposal include:
- Seth Lewis, Candidate, 23rd Senate District
- Mel Thillens, Candidate, 28th Senate District
- Benjamin Salzberg, Candidate, 29th Senate District
- Mike Amrozowicz, Candidate, 31st Senate District
- Michelle Smith, Candidate, 49th Senate District
- Dale Fowler, Candidate, 59th Senate District
- Heidi Holan, Candidate, 46th House District
- Jillian Bernas, Candidate, 56th House District
- Dawn Abernathy, Candidate, 59th House District
- Allen Skillicorn, Candidate, 66th House District
- Brandi McGuire, Candidate, 72nd House District
- Lindsay Parkhurst, Candidate, 79th House District
- Mike Strick, Candidate, 84th House District
- Mike Babcock, Candidate, 111th House District
- David Severin, Candidate, 117th House District
- Jason Kasiar, Candidate, 118th House District
Illinois’ 26th Senate District is in the northwest Chicago suburbs and includes all or part of Algonquin, Barrington, Carpentersville, Cary, Crystal Lake, Deer Park, East Dundee, Fox River Grove, Green Oaks, Hawthorn Woods, Hoffman Estates, Island Lake, Kildeer, Lake in the Hills, Lake Zurich, Libertyville, Long Grove, Mundelein, Oakwood Hills and Vernon Hills.